An inventory (also referred to as also a schedule of condition) is a record of a property’s condition at the start of a tenancy. It records the following:
- all the rooms, furnishings and fittings included in the tenancy
- the conditions of the same
- meter readings which can be used to set up utility accounts
- standard of cleaning in the property
- independent, photographic evidence of the property’s general condition The reports are fully photographic with supporting comments where needed.
With an inventory-only service, the clerk visits the property and completes the inventory inspection before the tenant moves in. The inventory is provided to the landlord who will have to arrange their own inventory sign up with the tenant.